Note: For the purpose of this description the ballot will be board, ski, swim and the course direction is right hand in.

(a) Swim Course – The swim leg is conducted from the start and changeover (SCO) line. On the starting signal the Swimmer shall cross the SCO line, enter the water, round all nine swimming buoys, return to the beach and round the two green and yellow turning flags.

(b) Board Course – The board leg is conducted from the start and changeover (SCO) line, around all nine swimming buoys and the four black and white buoys, return to the beach and around the two green and yellow turning flags.

(c) Ski Course – The ski leg is conducted from the second green and yellow turning flag with take-over of the ski and paddle from a floating position in the water as per the diagram, around the swimming buoys, the two black and white buoys and the three orange or area coloured buoys, return to the beach.

(d) To finish a competitor rounds one green and yellow turning flag passes the other green and yellow flag on the shoreward side and finishes between the two green or area coloured finish flags.

Note 1: The SCO line only is required for a board or swim start or as a board placement line for the second or third leg of a race i.e. there is no requirement to cross this line for a changeover after a race has commenced.

Note 2: The green and yellow turning flags are to be turned in the same direction as the buoys for each leg of the course.

(e) The competitor shall cover all legs of the course as laid down in the Diagram and may be assisted by a Handler or club members.

(f) A Handler or club member shall:

• (i) Hold the ski/paddle in a floating position as per the diagram or as directed by the relevant official.
  • (ii) Place the board flat on the beach (i.e. no mounds underneath the board) at 90 degrees with the nose of the board on the shoreward side of the SCO line or as directed by the relevant official.
  • (iii) Comply with all instructions of the officials.