(a) To be eligible to complete in the Open March Past event, competitors must have fulfilled SLSA requirements in regards to Membership as decided by SLSA, and be a minimum of 13 years of age.

(b) To contest the Open March Past event, U/23 and below age category events, members must be proficient award holding members relative to their age category (i.e. SLSA Bronze Medallion or SLSA Surf Rescue Certificate awardees) and who have fulfilled SLSA patrol requirements as promulgated from time to time.

(c) All open age category competitors must comply with one of the following requirements:

• (i) Be proficient SLSA Bronze Medallion or SLSA Surf Rescue Certificate awardees.
  • (ii) Hold as a minimum a SLSA Resuscitation Award.
  • (iii) Have fulfilled the resuscitation requirements of the SLSA Bronze Medallion proficiency.

(d) Further, open age competitors in the Open March Past event must have fulfilled their patrol hour obligations relevant to competition and their Membership status/award to which they are qualified (e.g. an active SLSA Surf Rescue Certificate or SLSA Bronze Medallion holder must do patrols whereas a club Life Member SLSA Bronze Medallion holder or an Associate member holding a SLSA Resuscitation Certificate do not need to do patrols).

(e) The U/17 March Past event may be contested by U/15 (i.e. proficient Surf Rescue Certificate Holders from U/13 to U/15 inclusive) and U/17 year age category members. The U/23 March Past event may be contested by U/15 (i.e. proficient Surf Rescue Certificate Holders from U13 to U15 inclusive), U/17, U/19 and U/23 year age category members. To contest either of these two events members shall be proficient award holding members relative to their age category (i.e. SLSA Surf Rescue Certificate or SLSA Bronze Medallion) and who have fulfilled SLSA patrol requirements as promulgated from time to time. There is no provision in the U/17 and U/23 March Past event for any other Membership category to compete.

(f) To be eligible to compete in U/14 and below age category March Past events, competitors must hold the age award relevant to their age, be currently proficient and have fulfilled any other requirements prescribed by SLSA.

(g) Inclusive/adaptive teams of less or more than the standard 12 competitors may march in any age events for participation purposes but will not be judged unless they have the correct number of competitors in the team and are competing with the standard (i.e., club/team flag), reel, line, and belt relevant to the event being contested.

(h) The Referee or relevant lead Official for the March Past, at their discretion, may or may not allow teams access to the competition arena prior to the event.