Linking Scenario: You operate a utilities company. Each property that you serve is given a unique Property Number. Over time, different customers (accounts) will receive bills for the same property. Assume that you have Image System I setup for Invoicing. The Invoicing system contains all bills generated for your customers.
- Index 1 is Account Number, Index 2 is Property Number, Index 3 is Date, and Index 100 is Document Type. Invoices are generated as Document Type INV.
Also assume that you have Image System P set up for Property Documents. The Property Documents System contains all documents specific to a property, regardless of the current customer occupying the Property.
- Index 1 is Property Number, Index 2 is Date, and Index 100 is Document Type.
You want the ability to do the following:
- When you are in Image Inquiry for a specific customer (System I), you want to be able to get an index list of all documents for the property referenced in the customer’s billing (regardless of who occupied the property). You only want the property documents that contain Document Type METER.
To accomplish the results from the scenario above, setup a Link from System I to System P. When the link is activated, the lookup to System P will contain the System I Property Number and Document Type METER.
- Navigate to Menu, Maintenance, Image System Maintenance, Maintain Image System Descriptions and Key Fields.
- Right-click a System I.
- Select Maintain Linking.
- Click Add to create a new Link or Double-click an existing record to edit.
- Fill in the input fields and the index criteria then click Submit.
The setup is complete.