All lines (Center, Left, and Right) must be on separate subnets of modules, as shown. Each subnet should be Auto-Configured separately and then connected together with an Ethernet switch. Keep in mind that the separate subnets will have to be able to communicate with each other so special care must be taken when setting up the IP Network Mask before performing the Auto-Configuration Procedure.
- The Center Line is a separate subnet of modules that have been Auto-Configured. The Merge Zone and the Discharge Zone are part of this subnet. The Center Line can consist of any number of ConveyLinx Modules and the actual position of the Merging Zone can be on any ConveyLinx Module within the subnet
- The Discharge Zone has to be the zone immediately downstream of the Merge Zone. However, the Discharge Zone can be on either the same ConveyLinx Module as the Merge Zone or on the adjacent downstream ConveyLinx Module from the Merge Zone’s ConveyLinx Module
- The Left Line is a separate subnet of modules and its most downstream zone has to physically discharge on to the Merge Zone
- The Right Line is a separate_* subnet*_ of modules and its most downstream zone has to physically discharge on to the Merge Zone
- All three subnets must be connected to a common Ethernet switch each subnet has been Auto-Configured.