VERSION 1.0 – DECEMBER 2023

Radio Pro Words
Pro words are works or phrases which have an assigned meaning for the purpose of expediting message transmissions.

Pro Word Meaning Example
Go Ahead Proceed with the transmission of your message Service: SurfCom, Waverunner one five. SurfCom: Waverunner one five, SurfCom, Go ahead
Stand By Please wait until I can call you back. Other stations may transmit. Service: SurfCom, Tugun patrol. SurfCom: Tugun patrol stand by. Tugun patrol, go ahead.
Roger I have received and understood your last transmission (it does not mean ‘Yes’) WLRHS: SurfCom, Lifesaver forty-five will be airborne in the next two minutes. SurfCom: Lifesaver forty-five, SurfCom, Roger.
Wilco Your last message has been received, understood, and will be complied with. Service: SurfCom, Sunshine Coast 10, can you contact waverunner 17 and ask them to return to base. SurfCom: Sunshine Coast 10, SurfCom, Wilco
Say again I missed part of your transmission. Transmit it again. Service: SurfCom, UAV50 Broken or unreadable message. SurfCom: UAV50, SurfCom, Message unreadable, Say again.
Affirmative Yes or permission is granted Service: SurfCom, Waverunner five, can you confirm if Waverunner three is operating today. SurfCom: Affirmative, Waverunner five.
Negative No or permission is not granted Service: SurfCom, UAV five two seeking permission to become airborne. SurfCom: Negative UAV five two, Lifesaver forty-five is airborne.
Over I have finished my message and expect a reply (Used only in poor comms)
Out I don’t expect a reply. (Used only in poor comms)
Break I have finished a conversation am calling another without breaking my transmission. Users hearing this term must not interrupt unless they have a more urgent message. SurfCom: Roger Surfers Paradise, Break, Waverunner five SurfCom. Service: SurfCom, Waverunner five go ahead.
Correction Information transmitted requires correction. SurfCom: Waverunner one, tracking from Tweed to Tugun… Correction, Waverunner Three Tracking Tweed toTugun.
Nothing Heard No response has been received. SurfCom: Kawana Patrol, SurfCom. Kawana Patrol, SurfCom, Nothing heard.
Radio Check Used to report on the signal strength and readability of my transmission – how do you hear me? Service: SurfCom, Emu Park Patrol, radio check. SurfCom: Emu Park, SurfCom, reading you loud and clear. How do you read? Service: SurfCom, Emu Park, reading you loud and clear.
No Duff Used when a real incident is occuring during a training excercise or simulated event. Every transmission after “No Duff” is treated as legit. Service: No Duff, SurfCom, Four Mile Lifeguard.

Feedback

Was this helpful?

Yes No
You indicated this topic was not helpful to you ...
Could you please leave a comment telling us why? Thank you!
Thanks for your feedback.

Post your comment on this topic.

Post Comment