Topics in this knowledgebase are updated on a fairly frequent basis. This page provides a simple change-log or list of significant recent changes and additions. (NB Small edits to topic can happen on a daily basis and are not listed here.)
How up-to-date is the information here?
We do try to keep the information as current as possible. However, there are numerous topics to maintain, with new products being introduced both from Davis (as in the continuing evolution of the weatherlink.com platform) and, increasingly, the launch of Davis-compatible third-party products such the WiFi logger and the Meteobridge Nano product. So it may sometimes take a while before a new product or service is covered in full. Pages covering new products and features are typically published as soon as they provide some useful notes but often before they are complete and/or fully proofed for style, typos etc, so the newest pages may be less than perfect!
We do aim to review every topic at intervals of roughly 6-12 months, but occasionally topics may become significantly out of date – if you spot any such issue then please let us know.
- Notes on finding the IP address of a network logger have been extracted into a separate topic – see: Find IP address for network loggers
- An introduction to the v2 API for accessing data from weatherlink.com has been created as a separate topic to the v1 API.
- Various edits to other topics have been made over preceding months, but with no substantive new topics created.
- A set of FAQs and options for users wishing to upgrade from obsolete Weatherlink loggers and software;
- Notes on updating and troubleshooting WeatherlinkIP firmware have been extended and extracted in to a separate WLIP firmware topic;
- Weatherlink Live Data Handling topic completely rewritten
- A new Weatherlink.com – new features topic has been created to list new features as they are added to the weatherlink.com platform;
- Additions made to the Weatherlink Live topic
- Understanding local WeatherlinkIP configuration topic updated
- Weatherlink.com section updated & reorganised further
- Weatherlink Live topic added
- Weatherlink.com topic extracted into a new top-level section with new topics added
- New process for updating WiFi logger firmware
- ‘Advice topics’ top-level section added, covering advisory topics related to configuring or extending a Davis station and starting with a topic on expanding Vue stations.
- WiFi logger topics expanded, including steps for connecting to the Davis weatherlink.com service
- Complete rewrite of the FAQs page
- Updates to the main temperature/humidity page ;
- A new subtopic dealing with various temperature/humidity questions;
- Various options for accessing wl.com 2.0 data programmatically are described in the 2.0 data handling topic;
- The exciting new WiFi logger now has a section to itself;
- Davis’s weatherlink.com 2.0 platform continues to evolve and to add many new users. With the pending mass migration from 1.0 to 2.0 we will aim to add new description and troubleshooting material specifically on the 2.0 platform;