Now your TM Reader is charged and your computers network settings are done. Its time to plug in a mat or mats to your reader.
The mat does more than just look good, its also the antenna that powers your tags and receives back the signal once your tag is powered.
- Your mat should always be unrolled and sitting flat before plugging it into your reader.
- You are not to move the mats into position via the cables, as this will void the warranty.
- Mats in series (the runner will move over the mats in succession) need to be 1.2 metres apart to create the best possible field. Refer to “Ultra Mat Configuration”.
- Most rule books that relate to electronic tag timing say “The leading edge of the Mat needs to be on the finish line”. Consult with the Event manager or Technical Delegate at your event as mats may need to be place prior to or after any finishing Gantry or chute.
- You need to look after your mats and clean them post event.
Plugging a mat into your reader:
Each mat has a male Rx Plug 3-pin (Figure 1) and a Tx Plug 5-pin (Figure 2) which should be plugged into the corresponding female sockets on the reader.
Align the pins on the RX plug with the RX connector on the reader, gently push the plug into the connector until it clicks into place.
Align the pins on the TX plug with the TX connector on the reader, gently push the plug into the connector until it clicks into place.
To remove the mat plug, you must first hold down the unlock lever on the side of the socket, then gently pull the mat plug out of the socket.