Here are some answers to frequently asked questions related to the Skeena Salmon Data Centre. If you are not able to find the answer you are looking for, please send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the difference between an Organization and a Category and Collection?
- Organizations are used to manage dataset access and permissions and are generally the owner or primary sponsor of a dataset. Each dataset “lives” within a single organization, and viewing, editing, and administration permissions are set at the organization level.
Categories and Collections are used to collect related datasets together by theme. Datasets from different organizations can be in the same category or collection together, and datasets can be added to multiple categories or collections.
- How do I show more filters?
- If you want to use a filter that is not listed, click on the “Show More …” button at the bottom of each filter category. If the desired filter term still does not appear, add the topic of interest into the search bar. The filters most related to the search topic should now appear in the list of filters.
- Do I need a user account?
- A user account is not necessary to view and download public datasets on the Skeena Salmon Data Centre. However, if you are managing or uploading datasets on behalf of an organization, need access to view private datasets, or would like access to features such as following datasets, you will need an account.
Contact email@example.com for a free account.
- How do I find a specific report?
- If you are unable to find a specific report using the search and filtering functions available on the Skeena Salmon Data Centre, it is possible that the information has not been added. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to suggest a dataset or need further assistance in locating a specific report.
See also Submit a dataset to the Skeena Salmon Data Centre
- How do I reset my account password?
- If you have forgotten your password or are having difficulty logging into your account, email email@example.com and one of our administrators will reset your password.
- Why are parts of the Skeena Salmon Data Centre appearing in a different language?
- When searching the Skeena Salmon Data Centre using Google or other search engines, the results page sometimes returns a link to the site in a different language. For example, https://data.skeenasalmon.info/ar/dataset appears like this:
This indicates that the automatic text on the site is displaying in a language other than English.
To display the site in English, simply remove the language shortcode from the link (the / and two letters after https://data.skeenasalmon.info/). For example, change https://data.skeenasalmon.info/ar/dataset to https://data.skeenasalmon.info/dataset and all text will be in English.