There are several ways to search for and filter layers and maps in the Skeena Maps Portal.
Main text search bar
Search terms can be entered into the search bar at the top of the page. This search will return both layers and maps.
Filters can be applied to layer and map searches to narrow results. The filter categories for a layer search are:
- text: enter text to filter search results by specific words
- keywords: keywords, similar to the tags used in the Skeena Salmon Data Centre, are attached to layers and maps
- layer type: choose from raster, vector, or WMS cascade layers
- categories: layers and maps in the Skeena Maps Portal are organized into categories similar to those used in the Skeena Salmon Data Centre. To include or exclude a category in your search, click the category word.
- owners: the layer or map owner is the person responsible for maintaining the data
- date: allows filtering by the date of layer upload or map creation. This does not refer to the data timeframe.
- regions: layers and maps are categorized into a series of geographic regions. Entering text into the region search box returns region options.
- extent: the extent filter is a spatial search which returns results that fall within the boundaries of the window. Zooming in to an area of interest will limit the results.
Layers can be sorted by upload date (‘Most Recent’ or ‘Least Recent’), popularity, or in alphabetical order.
Search filters: maps
All filter categories except type apply to map as well as layer searches.