The following scholarships are administered and awarded by the McAfee Institute Please note that the McAfee Institute may change their deadlines and/or requirements, so you should consult with our website for the most up-to-date information. There may also be additional opportunities for outside scholarships available. Please see our External Resources webpage for more information.
The purpose of the Blueline Scholarship is to develop the professionalism of the law enforcement community by furthering the officers skills and knowledge in the areas of cyber, intelligence, investigations, and forensic activities through the offering of special training, the inter-agency exchange of ideas and experiences, and assistance in the implementation of new techniques and equipment in the law enforcement community.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their financial need, leadership ability, extracurricular activities, and a personal statement on “What significance I want to make within the law enforcement community as a whole”.
- Requests should be submitted at least 6-weeks prior to the start of the class you want to attend.
- We will award scholarships 4-weeks prior to the class. Recipients will be notified via email.
- One scholarship available per class, awarded to eligible candidates in the order the requests are received.
- A request letter signed by the agency chief executive (or designee), endorsing the applicant’s qualifications must be submitted with the application.
- Please check the box on the form below if you give us permission to advertise you as a recipient of the scholarship.
- McAfee Institute does not provide travel, lodging, or per diem assistance (the scholarship covers only the cost of McAfee Institute course tuition).
- Scholarships are for in-person resident programs only (online courses are not eligible).
- If the class is canceled, the scholarship is canceled as well (applicants are eligible to re-apply for another class).
- Limited to one scholarship per person, per year.
- Scholarships are not transferable.
- Recipients may remain anonymous.
McAfee Institute, LLC. makes every attempt to complete all of our scheduled classes, however, we may have to postpone or cancel any class because of insufficient paid enrollment, host agency request, or for any unforeseen circumstance, such as weather or illness. McAfee Institute is not responsible for any travel costs or fees incurred by the student for any canceled or postponed class. A student may request to be withdrawn from any class by emailing email@example.com at least two business days prior to the start of the class.
For more information or to apply, please click this link.
Need more help with this?