Generally, Institute disciplinary action shall be limited to conduct which adversely affects the Institute’s pursuit of its educational objectives. The following misconduct is subject to disciplinary action:
- All forms of dishonesty, including cheating, plagiarism, and knowingly furnishing false information to the Institute, forgery, alteration, or use of Institute documents or instruments of identification with intent to defraud.
- Disruption or obstruction of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary proceedings or other Institute activities.
- Physical, psychological and/or verbal abuse or the threat of such abuse of any person on Institute premises or at Institute activities. This includes hazing, sexual harassment, and sexual assault.
- Participating in or inciting a riot or an unauthorized or disorderly assembly.
- Seizing, holding or damaging property or facilities of the Institute, or threatening to do so, or refusing to depart from any property or facilities of the Institute upon direction by Institute officials or other persons authorized by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Use of alcoholic beverages, including the purchase, consumption, possession, or sale of such, except where specifically authorized within the regulations of the Institute.
- Possessing, using, selling or distributing any types of illegal drugs.
- Possessing on Institute property or at any Institute activity any dangerous chemical or explosive elements or component parts thereof, or rifle, shotgun, pistol, revolver or other firearm or weapon not used for lawful Institute studies without an authorization by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Physically detaining or restraining other persons or removing such persons from places where they are authorized to remain or in any way obstructing the free movement of persons or vehicles on Institute premises or at Institute activities.
- Violating any local, state or federal laws.
- Theft or attempted theft of Institute or personal property on Institute premises.
- Unauthorized entry into or presence in any Institute building or facility.
- Violation of Institute policy on the use of any tobacco products, including smoking, and vaping.
Need more help with this?
Thanks for your feedback.