McAfee Institute Exam security policies and procedures are designed to make sure every M.I. student gets the same chance to demonstrate their knowledge on exam day without anyone gaining an unfair advantage. On enrollment and prior to sitting you’re your board exam, you’ll have acknowledged and agree to follow M.I. policies and procedures.
Keeping Exams Secure
Because McAfee Institute Exams are given online and around the world it is critical that students taking the exam follow policies and procedures to keep the questions secure.
The exam security policies and procedures include things such as:
- Taking your McAfee Institute Exam at the scheduled date and time.
- Not opening entering your exam environment until your proctor tells you to do so.
- Not taking exam materials from the testing environment.
Violating these or any of the test security and administration policies and procedures could cause your score to be canceled. Under some circumstances, you could even be banned from future testing.
Discussing Exam Questions
McAfee Institute will automatically cancel your exam score if you are discovered disclosing through any means the following:
- multiple-choice content
- free-response content from an alternate exam
- free-response content from a regularly scheduled exam
- free-response content that is not released on the McAfee Institute’s
This means that something you may not have intended as a violation, like casually talking about a multiple-choice question with your friends or your teacher during the exam break or discussing a free-response question right after the exam, can actually result in having your score canceled.
You are also agreeing not to engage in misconduct during the M.I. Exam, including:
- Obtaining, or attempting to obtain, improper access to the exam, or a part of the exam, or information about the exam.
- Removing a page or portions of a page from the exam book.
- Attempting to remove from the testing room any part of the exam or any notes relating to the exam.
- Referring to, looking through, or working on any exam, or exam section, other than during the timed testing period for that exam or exam section.
- Accessing or attempting to access any prohibited aids.
- Accessing or attempting to access a phone of any kind or electronic device during testing or during breaks.
- Having subject-related information on your clothing, shoes, or body.
- Using testing accommodations not approved by McAfee Institute.
- Bringing food or drink into the testing room (unless it’s approved as an accommodation by McAfee Institute).
- Leaving the testing room, building, or designated break area without permission and/or taking an extended break.
- Copying the work of another student or of published or unpublished sources.
- Attempting to give or get assistance, or otherwise communicate, through any means, with another person about the exam during the exam administration, including during breaks.
- Attempting to take the exam for someone else.
- Creating a disturbance.
If found doing these you may be asked to turn in your exam materials and leave the exam room. You may not return to the exam room, and your score will not be reported.
Consequences for Violating Security Policies
The following security policy is now in effect:
McAfee Institute will prohibit individuals from taking the McAfee Institute Board Exams when we conclude they have deliberately gained or attempted to gain or share an unfair advantage on any McAfee Institute Board Exam, or otherwise threatened the integrity of the exam.
Examples include viewing or capturing images with a cell phone on exam day or being caught with a “cheat sheet” containing test content, answer keys or other content that would provide an unfair advantage.
The duration of an individual’s ban may vary depending on the circumstances and severity of the violation, as determined by McAfee Institute’s discretion. McAfee Institute reserves the right to share information, including the names of banned test takers, with their attending high schools and interested higher education institutions.
Appeals of the ban will be considered and decided at McAfee Institute’s discretion.
Following exam security policies and procedures keeps things fair for you and your fellow exam takers.
All exam materials are safely secured within our examination software Brillium. Its secured with HTTPs, User Name, Password, SMS, and Double ID Verification.
Need more help with this?