McAfee Institute Certification Code of Professional Responsibility
M.I. board-certified professionals and applicants for certification must adhere to the Code of Professional Responsibility, agreeing to:
- Perform your professional duties with the highest moral principles and within accordance of the law. Non-compliance includes any acts or omissions amounting to unprofessional conduct and deemed prejudicial to the certification.
- Observe the values of truthfulness, honesty, professionalism and integrity.
- Be faithful, competent, and diligent in discharging their professional duties.
- Safeguard confidential and privileged information and exercise due care to prevent its improper disclosure.
- Not maliciously injure the professional reputation or practice of colleagues, clients, employees, or M.I.
Any act deemed prejudicial or unprofessional to the certification may result in denial of approval to take the certification examination or disciplinary action by the Governing Board (GB), up to and including revocation of certification. Such acts may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing false or misleading statements or information when applying to take the certification examination or to recertify.
- Any act or omission that violates the provisions of the McAfee Institute Certification Code of Professional Responsibility.
- Any act that violates the criminal or civil laws of any jurisdiction.
- Any act that is the proper basis for suspension or revocation of a professional license.
- Any act or conduct that is unprofessional, unethical or unbecoming.
- Any act or omission that violates the GB Disciplinary Rules and Procedures.
- Failure to cooperate with the GB’s Board of Professional Review in the performance of its duties in investigating any allegation against an applicant or current certified professional.
- Making any false, misleading, or unprofessional, unethical statements to the GB regarding an applicant or current certified professional.
Any student found to be in violation of the Code of Professional Responsibility will be expelled from McAfee Institute and no refunds will be issued. The record of disciplinary action becomes part of the student’s permanent record and will be accompanied by a transcript remark.
Need more help with this?