Now that your BPMN objects are linked together, you need to add Inputs and Outputs. Inputs and Outputs define the flow of work between the shapes within a process. They represent the inputs required to start an activity and the outputs produced once the activity is completed.
Add Materials to the Process
1. Select the sub-process “1.1 Develop Job Description;” navigate to the Graph View, and click on the button to navigate to the mapping canvas.
2. Navigate to a flow in the process map, and right-click on it. A drop-down menu will be generated where you will choose the Inputs/Outputs box.
3. A window will be generated where you will type the name of the Input/Output: “Job Description,” and select it.
4. The Input/Output will now be on a table. Click on the icon to type the state of this Input/Output, which is “Exists,” and then click on the button to finish creating the Input/Output.
5. Click on to save the changes made. The Input/output will now be displayed on top of the flow in the process map with the icon ; click on the icon to see the name.
6. Click on to save the changes made, and exit the Edit Mode.