The General tab contains a section for the basic information about the Entity, the Entity’s permissions, the location where the Entity is implemented, the attributes contained in the Entity, as well as the Responsibilities and Associations sections.
What is this Entity?
This table below describes the fields of this section.
|The name of this Entity. A name is mandatory for all objects.
|The Master Data Folder under which this Entity is nested. To learn how select a parent, click here
|The Unique Identifier of this Entity. This serves to uniquely identify the Entity as per your company protocol.
|This field describes the Entity in detail. The rich text format allows for text formatting, images, URLs, tables, etc.
What Are The Permissions?
Web Modelers can assign the Roles or Resources that have permissions to access Entities. The type of association can be further specified using the Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD) options.
1. Choose the “Role” filter from the drop-down menu
2. Navigate to the “Select a Role or a Resource” field, and type the name of the Role you want to associate. From the search suggestions, click to select the Role you want to associate.
3. The Role will be associated. Navigate to the drop-down box to choose the level of CRUD
Where is This Entity Implemented?
This section allows users to specify a namespace in order to differentiate between various entities that may have the same name.
What Attributes are in this Entity?
This section allows users to associate the Attributes that are related to the Entity.
1. Navigate to the “Select an Attribute” field, and type the name of the Attribute. From the search suggestions, click to select the Attribute you want to associate.
2. The Attribute is now associated displayed on the table, along with the Attribute Type, the Entity, its Min, its Max, and its status.
Since the Associations section is common to many EPC objects, the instructions have been centralized in the Associations section of the user manual. You can find direct links to instructions for specific sections below.
|What are the Responsibilities?
|Which Documents are used?
|Which Business Rules are Applicable?
|Associate Business Rules