Inputs and Outputs define the flow of work between the shapes within a process. They represent the inputs required to start an activity and the outputs produced once the activity is completed.
Web Modelers can assign Inputs and Outputs to the flows of a process map when mapping processes on Graph Edit Mode.
The end-user will be able to see the inputs and outputs directly when viewing the process map under the Graph tab, and under the SIPOC section in the Details tab of a Process.
The following table will explain the SIPOC concept:
|Supplier||Entity that provides input(s) to a process||Client, call center, email|
|Inputs||All that is used to produce one or more outputs from a process||Calls, order, invoice|
|Processes||Steps or activities carried out to convert inputs to one or more outputs||Verify customer’s identity, calculate invoice, fill order form|
|Outputs||Users can view the outputs emerging from a process||Resolution of customer issue, invoice sent, order completed|
|Customers||Users can view the entity that uses the outputs generated from the process||End customer, client, organization|
To Assign Inputs and Outputs to a flow, follow these instructions
- Navigate to Full Screen Edit Mode, after clicking on Edit Button
- Navigate to a Flow
- Right-click on the Flow. A drop-down menu will be generated
- Choose the “Inputs/Outputs” box
- A pop-up will be generated allowing you to edit the Inputs and Outputs for the Flow
- Navigate to the “Select an Input/Output” field
- Type the name of the Input/Output
i) Type the name of the new material
ii) Select the new material
i) Type the name of the existing material
ii) Select the exiting material
- The Input/Output, “Invoice,” will be on the table
- Navigate to the icon to edit the name of the Input/Output
- Edit the name of the Input/Output
- Navigate to the icon to edit the state of the Input/Output
- Type the state of the Input/Output
In this example, the state of the “Invoice” is “Exists”
- Click on the “X” to remove the Input/Output
- After assigning the Input/Output to the Flow, click on the box to close the pop-up
- The Input/Output will now be displayed on the Flow on the process map inside of an annotation
Need more help with this?
Visit the Support Portal