What is RASCI-VS
RASCI-VS is a simple grid system that brings structure and clarity to understanding the roles that various stakeholders play with regards to an object or activity. The RASCI-VS system spells out who is responsible, who is accountable, who holds a supporting role and, where appropriate, who needs to be consulted, informed, is a verifier, or signatory for any object or activity.
RASCI-VS provides the following benefits
• Governance and traceability within an organization
• Increased productivity through well-defined roles and accountability.
• Increased capacity by eliminating redundancies.
• Streamlined role structure by collapsing unneeded layers and placing accountability where it belongs.
• Enhanced security and risk management through clear segregation of duties.
What does RASCI-VS stand for
|R||Responsible||The “doer” of the work. Responsible for completion of the task or objective or make a decision. Several roles/assets can be jointly Responsible.|
|A||Accountable||The “owner” of the work. Must sign off or approve when the task, objective or decision is complete.|
|Su||Support||Resources allocated to responsible. Unlike consulted, who may provide input to the task, support help complete the task.|
|C||Consulted||Those who need to give input before the work can be done and signed-off on. They are “in the loop” and are an active participant.|
|I||Informed||Those that need to be kept “in the picture.” They require updates on progress or decisions, but do not need to be formally consulted, nor do they contribute directly to the task or to any decisions.|
|V||Verifier||Those who check whether the product meets the acceptance criteria set forth in the product description.|
|Si||Signatory||Those who approve the verify decision and authorize the product hand-off. It seems to make sense that the signatory should be the party being accountable for its success.|
Any User in an object’s RASCI-VS, either via their Resource or Role(s) will be required to Confirm the object when it is published or deleted, and will receive notifications for any Collaboration posts and replies.
Accountable (A) EPC Responsibilities
Any User that is identified as Accountable (A) on an object, either via their Resource or Role(s) are capable of the following actions for that object.
Assign Responsibilities – RASCI-VS
You can assign Organization Units, Roles, Resources, and Assets to the RASCI-VS of any EPC object (excluding Sets and Folders).
To find the Organization Unit, Role, Resource, or Asset, begin typing the Name in the search bar, results will be refined as you type. (For this example, a Role “HR Manager” and Asset “HR Software will be added)
Otherwise, you can click the to search for a Role, Resource, Asset, or Organization unit from the hierarchy tree structure.
2. Select Stakeholder
From the List of suggestions, click to select the one you would like to add.
In the area below the search bar, you will see
- The name of the object you are editing (the “Recruit to Hire” process in this example)
- The Organization Unit, Role, Resource, or Asset that you have added (the “HR Manager” and “HR software” in this example)
- A Drop-down selector below each added stakeholder
If you want to filter by specific type, click the FILTER TYPE and select one or more types.
Search from hierarchy tree
This interface replicates the hierarchy tree of objets in the Organization module.
- Expand the Sets and Organization Units in the hierarchy tree on the left to find the Organization Unit, Role, Resource, or Asset you are looking for.
- Select the object you want from the list on the right and click Add.
- You can add more than one Organization Unit, Role, Resource, or Asset from this interface by selecting another and clicking Add.
3. Select RASCI-VS
Select one or more RASCI-VS values. (the “HR Manager” is Accountable and Consulted, and the “HR Software” is Support for this process)
You can remove any stakeholder by clicking the X button above their name.