The purpose of this User Guide is to provide a guide for the usage of the ActiveControl Web Platform by non-Administrator users of the product.
It is intended as a generic overview of the main capabilities of ActiveControl and not as a detailed description of an individual customer’s own installation of the software, nor indeed of some of the less-common functionalities available within the product. For more specific information on your own organisation’s own processes within ActiveControl, please refer to the Training collateral that would typically have been provided by Basis Technologies as part of the initial implementation of ActiveControl within your organisation.
This User Guide is divided into the following sections:
- Key Concepts
- Accessing ActiveControl
- Managing Projects
- Managing Business Tasks
- Managing Transport Forms
- Managing SAP Transports
- Approvals and Rejections
- Testing Signoffs
- Transport Imports
- General Operations
- Software Support
- Legal Statement
Every SAP customer is different when it comes to delivering SAP change. They have different organisational structures, different processes and indeed often different SAP applications, landscapes and architectures. As a few simple examples of such differences:
- Some customers are already on S/4HANA, but many are still on ECC, or are mid-way through their S/4 migration.
- Some customers have single-track landscapes, and others have N+n multi-track landscapes
- Some customers have three system landscapes, but others have four system landscapes
- Some customers use Transport of Copies as part of their testing processes, but others do not.
- Some customers have less than 10 staff delivering SAP change. Other customers have more than 1000.
Along a similar vein, every ActiveControl customer is different. Amongst the hundreds of Basis Technologies customers, there are not even two that have identical implementations of ActiveControl. One of the benefits of ActiveControl is its flexibility in being able to manage SAP change in very different organisations.
This User Guide summarises the typical setup and use of ActiveControl, however the reality is that within your own organisation, it is unlikely you will be using all of the features and capabilities detailed within this Guide.