Many of the app tiles in the Web Platform are aimed at specific things related to the individual user. Examples:
- ‘My Approvals’ shows the changes that the user needs to approve.
- ‘My Testing’ shows the changes that the user needs to test.
- ‘My Changes’ shows the changes and transports relating to the user.
The Global View app offers an alternative holistic, overall view of all change being delivered on an SAP estate. This can be useful for specific user personas, such as:
- Change Managers that want to see all SAP change being delivered across the entire SAP estate.
- Basis Teams that need to be able to manage all Import Queues across the entire SAP estate.
- Project Managers that want to see all change relating to the projects they manage, and where they are in the workflow
The Global View screen is accessed in the Web Platform via the Global View tile on the ActiveControl home screen.
Figure: Global View screen in the Web Platform.
The rest of this section details some of the key aspects of the Global View: