The Settings screen is the place where you initially setup Diabetes:M application. It is really important to provide correct information for all the settings, so you can get the most accurate data analysis later in the application.
Also from here you can start the configuration wizard which you’ve gone through when you’ve installed the application. For more info on the configuration wizard check here: Getting started
Brief settings description
Options to synchronize data with different services, profile links and auto backups:
- Link to Dropbox – check this box if you want to export your data directly into your Dropbox. You need a Dropbox account for that.
- Link to Google Drive – check this box if you want to export your data directly into your Google Drive. You need a Google drive account for that.
- Link to FatSecret profile – check this box if you have a FatSecret profile. This enables Diabetes:M to search in your meals and data in your FatSecret profile.
- Auto sync – settings for the automatic synchronization with the server.
- Auto backup – perform automatic backups of your data and settings in a backup file on your device. The backup files are located in /Android/data/com.mydiabetes/files/Backup/
Units and Formatting – you can select US or metric system, blood glucose unit like mmol/L or mg/dL, HbA1c unit, carbohydrates unit, date formats.
Sex, Weight, Birth date, Activity Factor – these are needed to calculate your BMI, BMR, daily calorie needs, total insulin and basal amount.
Glucose Levels Target Range – Glucose Hi, Glucose Low and Glucose target values needed for statistics and insulin dose Bolus Advisor.
Users can select their treatment preferences:
- Therapy – choose from multiple daily injections, insulin pump, non insulin treatment. Depending on this option you’ll have different options in the medications menu and also will have different calculations and statistics information.
- Insulin dose precision – the precision of your insulin pen or insulin pump
- Use the sensor data in analysis – lets the app use sensor data in all statistics, graphs, charts, reports and analysis
- Rapid/Short insulin activity duration – set your approximate rapid insulin duration. This will help the Bolus Advisor to estimate your insulin dosage more precisely
- Carbohydates ratio (hourly) – this parameters tells how many units of insulin your body needs to “covert” a specified number of carbohydrates. For example if your ratio is 12, your body will need 1 unit of insulin to cover every 12 grams of carbohydrates that you eat. If you can’t determine this value precisely please leave it by default and ask your doctor how to calculate it precisely.
For more information on how to calculate this ratio please visit:
- Insulin sensitivity (hourly) – Insulin sensitivity factor (ISF) is very important for precise calculations for the needed insulin. The application will use this parameter to calculate how much insulin your body will need for a given period of time. Basically this is how much insulin is needed to lower your glucose level to normal ranges if it’s currently high in a period of 3-4 hours. If it’s hard for you to determine this factor, please leave it by default and try to set it properly after testing your ISF carefully. You can test it by injecting very small amount of insulin when you’re with high glucose levels and check how your glucose levels react, checking them every 30-40 minutes during the next hours. Before trying anything like this talk to your endocrinologist.
For more information please check those articles:
Meal times – your daily meals
You can add additional time interval categories like snack, before breakfast, after breakfast etc.
In this category users can specify the rapid and long insulin types, basal profiles if you’re with insulin pump and also up to six oral medications.
In this section users can enable automatic reminders after some data input.
User Interface – in this category users can change the application language and the font size. They can also select which screen to be the first screen when application starts. Users can select from the Home screen, Log Entry screen or Bolus Advisor screen.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.