It is possible to manage SAP BTP (Business Technology Platform) via ActiveControl.
Although older ActiveControl releases could already achieve this via CTS+, latest releases of ActiveControl introduce a new solution that can be used by customers to manage MTAR or ZIP changes via ActiveControl.
The scope and process of this solution is essentially as follows:
- Developer does their changes in BTP.
- Developer exports work to MTAR or ZIP (depending on the change being made).
- Developer creates a non-transportable Transport Form within ActiveControl, and uploads the MTAR or ZIP file to it.
- Developer links the Transport Form to a Business Task as per normal process within ActiveControl.
- Transport Form follows the usual approvals workflow.
- In an Import Queue, ActiveControl will automatically deploy the changes via Cloud Transport Management Service (cTMS).
The benefits of this solution are ultimately to allow Basis Technologies’ customers to manage Hybrid landscapes involving both traditional and BTP cloud changes in a single, consistent fashion. These BTP changes will follow the usual ActiveControl workflow (with full auditability), and be automatically deployed via an ActiveControl Import Schedule (with any issues highlighted back to ActiveControl in the form of a System Error. Any dependencies across BTP and traditional ABAP stack systems can also be set, to ensure appropriate sequencing and central orchestration of the change in a Hybrid landscape.
Please contact Basis Technologies if you are interested in implementing this new capability. We strongly recommend this is done with some formal Basis Technologies’ services so that we can best support you not just with the configuration that is required, but also to support any feedback you might have in order to improve and/or widen the scope of the current solution.