ActiveControl is designed to import transport requests into all relevant clients of an SAP system in a single action. In ActiveControl, each group of clients within an SAP system are called a Target.
The properties of an ActiveControl Target specify the following:
- The SAP system and clients that changes will be imported into.
- The behaviour of imports into the target.
- The team members who are authorised to approve changes into or out of the target.
- The properties of a target do not determine whether changes must be approved into, approved out of or tested in the target; those settings are made for each transport path. By enabling a target’s inbox on a per transport path basis, you have the flexibility (for example) to require your implementation’s changes to be approved before they are imported into a target, but to import changes from a central, global SAP development team automatically.
- The automated analysers that will run automatically (or manually) in the configured control points (ie Inboxes, Import Queues, Test Queues, Outboxes) in that target.
Targets are created and maintained by ActiveControl Administrators via the Targets app tile on the Administration screen.
Target configuration screen within ActiveControl Web Platform.
The rest of this section details each subscreen within Target configuration: