- The white lower part of the Skalp dialog is where the Skalp Styles are configured and edited. You can open this part with the ‘show more’ icon.
- A skalp Style can be stored on a Scene by checking ‘save to scene’.
- The complete Style ‘recipe’ is processed line by line, top to bottom.
- The upper two lines represent the default ‘home’ Section style settings. First A Skalp Style will look at * the entire model and map the Section cut of all elements to a pattern or texture as set here. A destination Layer can also be set. These settings are always applied, but optional lower rules may still override them.
- Each new line below the default settings zone represents an ‘override rule’. Add lines using the small ‘pattern+’ icon Lower lines can override higher lines as they are processed last. In ‘edit’ mode, line orders can be changed by dragging them up and down, or lines can be deleted.
- The left side of each rule tells Skalp what to take as input criteria. The right side can, for some rules, determine a specific section mapping.
- All style ruling values can be changed by clicking on them (known issue: sometimes you need to click twice to access a list). The small icons can be clicked on as well, allowing you to change their functions.
- So far for theory, now let’s see how this works in practice and what you can do with all this.
Thanks for your feedback.