Sometimes, a complicated task is easier to explain with a video. Manula makes this easy by just allowing the embedding of YouTube and Vimeo videos into your manual topics.
Just upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo, add the video to your Media Manager, then insert from there into any topic.
Adding YouTube or Vimeo videos to the Video Manager
Here’s how to add videos to the Video Manager:
- Click the video button in the Media section of the toolbar
This will open the Video Manager
- Make sure you are on the Add tab.
- Click the YouTube or Vimeo logo to select which video site your video is on.
- Enter a name for your video, something to remember it by.
- Enter the YouTube or Vimeo ID of the video. For YouTube, this is the code after the v= part of any YouTube URL. For Vimeo, the ID is the number after the “vimeo.com/” in the Vimeo URL.
- Finally, click Add Video at the bottom.
To verify if the video has been added correctly, click the Library tab. If done correctly, a thumbnail of the video will appear.
Inserting embedded YouTube or Vimeo videos into your topics
Now with one or more videos available in the Video Manager, it’s time to insert one in your topic:
- First, position your text cursor at the location in the topic where you want to insert the video.
- Open the Video Manager again with the Video button
- On the Library tab, find the video you want to use.
- Then on the right, choose the desired alignment: center, left, right or default.
- Finally, click the green Insert button to insert the video into your text.