Sometimes, a complicated task is easier to explain with a video. Manula makes this easy by just allowing the embedding of YouTube, Vimeo and Wistia videos into your manual topics.
Just upload your video to YouTub, Vimeo or Wistia, add the video to your Media Manager, then insert from there into any topic.
Adding videos to the Video Manager
Here’s how to add videos to the Video Manager:
- Click the video button in the Media section of the toolbar
This will open the Video Manager.
- Now click the Add Video button on the top left
- Click the YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia logo to select which video site your video is on.
- Enter a name for your video, something to remember it by.
- Enter the ID of the video.
- For YouTube, this is the code after the v= part of any YouTube URL.
- For Vimeo, the ID is the number after the “vimeo.com/” in the Vimeo URL.
- For Wistia, the ID is the number after the “home.wistia.com/medias/” in the Vimeo URL.
- Finally, click Add at the bottom.
The video entry will now appear in your video list.
Inserting embedded videos into your topics
Now with one or more videos available in the Video Manager, it’s time to insert one in your topic:
- First, position your text cursor at the location in the topic where you want to insert the video.
- Open the Video Manager again with the Video button
- Find the video you want to use and select it.
- Then on the right, choose the desired alignment: center, left, right or default.
- Finally, click the orange Insert button to insert the video into your text.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.