The Grouping and Linking section is on the Display tab, of the Configure Lightning Conductor App dialog.
Use this section as described below:
- Linked column: When SPGridView is selected as the display provider on the Web Part tab, which is the default display provider, you can select one column which becomes a link to the SharePoint list item or document. The column that you want to use as the link, must be selected on the Columns tab, otherwise an error is displayed. Usually you would select the Title or Name column within a library or list. By default the link, when clicked displays the property page for the item or document. For document libraries, if you want the link to open the file in a program, select the Link to item directly check box.
- Show item submenu: This check box is visible when a “Linked Column” is selected, and is unchecked by default. When the check box is selected, and a column is selected from the Linked Column drop down list, then a item sub menu is available. The sub menu is also known as a list item menu (LIM). The sub menu provides two links: View Properties or Edit Properties. In document libraries, when the check box is selected, clicking the hyperlink opens the file with the program associated with the extension of the file rather than displaying the properties of the file.
Note: The Lightning Conductor App does not display the FULL list item menu that you usually see on the out-of-the-box list or library Web Parts, Therefore, the app does not fully replicate the functionality of out-of-the-box Web Parts which display the contents of list and libraries.
- Link to item directly: By default this check box is not selected. This check box is only applicable to libraries and when you have you have selected a column in the Linking Column drop down list. This check box is not needed when the Show Items Submenu check box is selected. When the Show Items Submenu check box is selected, this check box with be inactive (greyed).
- Show item type icon: This option is only applicable when you have decided to include document libraries in your rollup query. By default this check box is not selected. Select this check box when you want an icon are displayed to the left of the document to indicate the file type. File types are identified using the file’s extension. A blank document icon is displayed for unknown file types.
- Group by task hierarchy: When tasks lists contain items with subtasks, checking this box will group the tasks with subtasks so they can be expanded and collapsed. Checking this box will automatically deselect Group by folders if it is selected, as you can only have one Group by option checked at any time.
- Group by folders: When lists and libraries contain folders, you can display the folder structure by selecting this check box. Ensure that the Parent Folder name column is chosen on the Columns tab. Checking this box will deselect Group by task hierarchy if it is selected.
- Hide empty folders: Check this box if you want folders with no items to be hidden from the view. This option is visible when Group by folders is selected.
- Groups Initial State: From the drop-down list select either Groups Expanded (default) or Groups Collapsed. This option is only available when you have selected either of the above Group By check boxes for at least one column.
- Show count of Items in groups: Select this check box if you want a count of items in groups to be displayed. This option is only available when you have selected the Group By check box for at least one column.
- Detect email addresses and urls: Select this check box (default) if you want text values in columns to become hyperlinks if the text is a web address, that is, it begins with http(s): or in the format of an email address.
Thanks for your feedback.