Each accreditation candidate completes a thorough self review as a part of the application for candidacy. The CAPRSS standards provide a framework for evaluating your program’s processes, results, and your progress toward your goals and objectives.
Welcome Walk Through
Accreditation Self Study
Dialogue is an essential part of the assessment. Talking about what you heard in meetings or focus groups, or what was collected surveys, helps to turn all the information into actionable knowledge. Consider what the information you collected means.
Meaning of surveys
For each question on a survey, discuss the rating:
- What does being rated highly on this question mean to us?
- How would we know we are highly rated?
- What would it take for us to rate ourselves highly consistently?
Questions with a “Do not know” response should seek further team discussion, such as:
- Why don’t we know this?
- How can we find out?
- Why is it important to find out?
Summarize the findings and then determine next steps:
- What is most important for us to address?
- Where do we have strengths that we need to make sure others see and build on?
- How can we gain more patient and family advice on what to focus on next?