With Online Bookings, your passengers will have the option to find your company online and make a booking directly through the internet, either with the Passenger App or a Web Form, without needing to talk to a dispatcher. To activate Online Bookings, please send a copy of the operations license of your company to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your account is approved for Online bookings, you can configure the options in the Admin Panel > Settings > Dispatch > 1. General > Online Bookings
- Bookable online: You can decide whether your company is available for online bookings or not by checking or unchecking this option.
- Verify direct bookings: If this is enabled, the passengers will be able to book online but a dispatcher will need to manually assign the bookings to the vehicles. Otherwise, the vehicles will be assigned automatically depending on the Assignment settings.
- Display name: If you have more than one company profile, you can select which one will appear as the main name for bookings.
- Phone verification: If this is active, your passengers will need to verify their phone number before they can make a booking in the passenger app. A four digit code will be sent as a text message to the number they enter to make sure it’s authentic. This feature has been supported from the passenger app version 17.2.1 and onward.
- Invisible: If this is active, your vehicles will not be visible on the map.
Your passengers can book your company in advance if you configure your settings for it. If Limit online bookings is disabled, a passenger will be able to book a vehicle from your company even though all the vehicles might be busy at the time.
If you do enable limit online bookings, you can then configure which portion of the fleet needs to be busy before a passenger can no longer book online. For example, if you select 80%, the system will disable online bookings once 80% of your vehicles are occupied. This is designed to prevent overbooking.
You can also determine which minimum and maximum notice is needed to schedule a pre booked job.
- Maximum ride length: Automatically determines the maximum distance you will allow your passengers to book. For example, this will prevent them from requesting a ride to a different city. This can be overridden from the Dispatch console.
- Public driver info: Determines what information about the drivers is visible from the passenger app.