Transport Expresso performs a General Analysis function automatically during approval and import.
The general analysis includes all the standard analysis functions such as:
1. Check Dependencies (0030):
- Is there a dependency on another transport that has yet to be imported?
- Is the transport form attached to a task but not all the requests in that task have been imported yet or are not being approved now? Normally all transports attached to a task fulfil a business requirement so they should be approved / imported together.
2. Overtake and Regression Checks (0031):
- Overtake: Does the transport contain a newer version of any objects that also appear on older transports that have not yet been imported into the target system?
If so, when the older request is imported in future you risk overwriting the target system objects with old out of date versions.
- Regression: Does the transport contain an older version of any objects that have been previously imported into the target system?
If so you risk overwriting the target system objects with old out of date versions.
3. Check Locked Transport Forms (0032)
- Is the transport form locked to prevent approval or import?*
4. Check Authorisations (0033)
- Is the user authorised to perform the approval based on the settings in the target system approvers?
If user is an administrator, priority approver or have the APPROVEALL authorisation then they will always be allowed. If not, they must be a designated approver for the relevant group or must have been delegated to allow approval
5. Check Transport Release (0034)
- For import queues is the transport released?
6. Conflict Analysis (0035)
- Does the transport contain objects that have also been changed on the target system?
This is used for conflict analysis when merging from one system to another (e.g. when merging from a production support development path to a project development path).
7. Check Merge Origin (0036)
- For merges check that the origin of the transports that make up the merge request is the same system
8. Check Manual Steps (0037)
*Is there a dependency on any manual steps that have not been marked as complete?
9. Check Manual Activities (0038)
*Is there a dependency on any manual activities that have not been marked as complete?
The General Analysis will also perform any other configured analysis types that have been marked as mandatory for that control point.
Note: Analysis types 0030 to 0037 represent the general analysis functions so should not be used when setting up the configurable analysis types.