Provisioning Manager Phone Control provides the ability to remotely validate Cisco phone functionality, view remote Cisco phone displays, navigate softkeys or place test calls, without the need for physical presence.
- IP connectivity on TCP port 80 to target Cisco IP Phone
- CUCM Application user who is a member of the Standard Server Monitoring and Standard TabSync User groups.
- Web access enabled on the Cisco IP Phone (Provisioning Manager will automatically enable web access if currently disabled)
- Assign Phone Control role to appropriate Provisioning Manager Security Groups
- One of the following phone models:
6921, 6941, 6945, 6961, 7821, 7841, 7861, 7905, 7906, 7911, 7912, 7925, 7926, 7937, 7940, 7941, 7942, 7945, 7960, 7961, 7962, 7965, 7970, 7971, 7975, 8811, 8831, 8841, 8845, 8851, 8861, 8865, 8941, 8945, 8961, 9951, 9971
Configuring Phone Control:
- Select Application Servers from the System menu.
- Select the Communications Manager Tab.
- Select the CUCM application server on which to configure Phone Control.
- Add the Phone Control username and password in the Phone Control Information section
- When finished, click Save
Using Phone Control:
- Select Phone Control from the Actions menu
- Select the appropriate Service Group from the list
- Locate the Phone using search
Provisioning Manager will check if the phone meets the following requirements:
- The phone has Web Access
- The phone is associated to the Phone Control application user
- Once the phone is prepared for connection, Phone Control will automatically connect to the device.
- When connected, use the Phone Control buttons to control the device. Please note the screen refresh is not real-time and by default refreshes every 5 seconds.