Akkadian Provisioning Manager communicates with Cisco Unified Connection using the REST API. The built-in Cisco Unity Connection application administrator account can be used for access, but for security purposes a separate account should be created.
To configure a new user:
- From the Cisco Unity Connection Web page, select Users from the User section, and then click Add New
- In the User Type drop-down menu, select “User Without Mailbox”
- In the Based-on Template drop-down menu, select “administratortemplate”
- In the Alias field, type a username (Example – PMEREST) and click Save
- From the Edit Menu select Password Settings and uncheck “User Must Change at Next Sign-In” and click Save
- From the Edit Menu select Change Password.
- In the Password and Confirm Password fields, type a password for the user and click Save.
- From the Edit Menu select Roles.
- Verify the user has the “System Administrator” under Assigned Roles