BEFORE YOU START
- Familiarize yourself with ALL SAFETY Instructions.
|Appendix – Document Control Information|
The ATevo Communications options allow users to remotely observe any status, or perform any function, that is accessible at the battery charger’s front panel display.
Two (2) ‘communications’ option boards, supporting both DNP3 Level 2 and Modbus SCADA protocols, are available:
- Serial Communications Adapters (A12), supporting BAUD rates from 9600 to 115.2K for:
- 3-wire or 5-wire RS-232 connections
- 2-wire or 4-wire RS-485 connections
- Ethernet Communications Adapter (A22), supporting standard RJ-45 10/100 Mbps copper Ethernet connections
1.1.1 Forced Load Sharing
The ATevo Forced Load Sharing option similarly utilizes a Serial Communications Adapter (A13). For detailed information on Forced Load Sharing, refer to instructions (JA5054-50), or Section 13 of the main ATevo ‘battery charger’ Operating & Service Instructions manuals (JA0102-51, JA0102-52, or JA0102-53).
The ATevo Communications provides users remote access to all battery charger functionality. Only battery charger controls (user input) and charger status (ATevo output) are accessible.
1.1.3 ATevo Set Points & Firmware Defaults
Certain entries in the DNP (Section 5) & Modbus (Section 6) points tables are dependent on ATevo battery charger model. Ranges differ, depending on nominal output voltage (24, 48, 130, or 260 Vdc).
For a complete listing of these settings, download the latest revision of the ATevo Set Points & Firmware Defaults (JA5124-02).