Educara does not tolerate nor accept any form of corporal punishment or other harmful disciplinary practices. These practices are never permitted at Educara. Any staff member who engages in such behavior is eligible for immediate dismissal and reporting to the authorities as required. Any staff member witnessing such behavior must immediately report it to the proper authority.;
Prohibited behavior includes;
• corporal punishment of the child, or inflicting any bodily harm on children including making children eat or drink against their will.
• the deliberate use of harsh or degrading measures on the child that would humiliate the child or undermine his or her self-respect
• depriving the child of basic needs including food, shelter, clothing or bedding
• locking the exits of the childcare center or home childcare premises for the purpose of confining children
• using a locked or lockable room or structure to confine the children