What is the CC_DEGREE Table?
This table contains degree data for degree and certificate recipients from community colleges in Arizona by term and college where the degree or certificate was received. Terms include Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
What is the key (unique identifier for a row) for this table?
Unique records are determined by Semester, Arizona Unitid, ASSIST Student ID, Degree or Certificate, and Degree of Certificate Date. In other words, there is one record per degree or certificate, per degree or certificate date, per student per semester per community college.
Why would you use this table?
If you are a community college, you could join this table with the UV_ENROLLMENT table on the ASSIST Student ID field. Then put a limit on the CC_DEGREE table’s Arizona Unitid of your institution’s code and a minimum function on the UV_ENROLLMENT table’s Semester field to get the first semester a student attended a university after receiving a degree at your institution.
Notes on using this table:
(1) In this table, Arizona Unitid refers ONLY to community colleges.
(2) In this table, Semester refers ONLY to Fall, Spring, and Summer.
(3) Students may NOT be officially enrolled during the semester a degree is awarded.
(4) Students may be awarded MORE than one degree or certificate during a semester.
(5) Students may be awarded more than one degree or certificate with the SAME CIP code.