The Sygic GPS Navigation application is compatible with all Android smartphones/tablets that meet the following minimum system requirements:
• Android version 5.0 or higher to use the latest Sygic app version.
• 150 MB of free storage memory for the base app to install.
• access to Google Play Store and Google Services support
• built-in GPS module (or externally connected GPS receiver that is paired/recognized by the device and sends location data to the operating system)
• connection to the internet – necessary to download the app from Google Play Store and to download maps (not required for navigating)
Note that, the app is not tested on car radios or head units that use Android, therefore, we do not guarantee the full functionality of the software on this type of device.
Following hardware specification is recommended for best performance while using multiple app features:
Processor – Quad-Core
RAM – 2GB and above
Storage – 1GB and above
The use of other apps in the background is not recommended on devices that are below recommended system requirements. Please close all other apps to ensure best possible performance.
We recommend downloading and trying out the app for free. After your first installation, you’ll get a 7-day trial of premium features. You can download it directly from Google Play, here.
You will not be able to download or use the Sygic app, if:
• The Google Play Store app determines your device incompatible (even if it meets recommended system specifications, there may be other technical issues with certain devices or regional restrictions).
• Your device runs a custom ROM, or community-based modified versions of the Android OS (these are officially not supported).
• Google Play services are restricted in your country.
Sygic GPS Navigation is an offline navigation app, however some of its features require online access. The following services and features in Sygic require an active internet connection:
• Downloading maps and voices
• Accessing the Sygic Store
• Signing in to the app with an account
• Traffic service information (traffic jams and road closures)
• Mobile speed camera information
• Fuel prices
• Backing up data using Dropbox
Post your comment on this topic.