Impact Graphs provide a visual representation of the upstream and downstream associations related to items in the EPC. In simple terms, Impact Graph is a technique for visualization of associations and links with various processes, tasks or objects. Visualizing the different associations within an organization allows users to better understand the complexity or certain business activities, as well as the true effect of changes within the process of an object.
The example features the Impact Graph of the “Obtain Customer Information” Task. The Task itself has a Document (Customer Approach Guide), a Role (Sales Manager) and Asset (CRM System) associated with it. The specific nature of the items associated is denominated by the icon featured next to the name of the items.
The Graph provides an initial visual representation of items that directly impact one another. Users can additionally expand the Impact Graphs to view indirect associations.
Users can double click on specific items within the Impact Graphs, which will display the associations to that item.
These Impact Graphs can be used to educate business users, to analyze internal business processes and help management optimize activities effectively. Additionally, they help in the preparation of change management plans, allowing managers to map out the effect of any organizational change.
Impact Graph Navigation
To navigate to Impact Graphs, please see the following instructions.
1. Navigate to the Graph tab
2. By default, a user will be navigated to the Processes Map Graph. To view a specific item’s Impact Graph, a user must select the item prior to navigating to the Impact Graph view. For this example, we will select “Obtain Customer Information” task by clicking on the item
3. Once the item is selected it will be highlighted and will display the following
4. Now select the Impact Graph icon
5. You will be navigated to the specific item’s Impact Graph
6. (Optional) To further expand the Impact Graph, simply double-click on the item you would like to expand
Need more help with this?
Visit the Support Portal