Using CadConnect with version control
CadConnect supports version control on Bill of materials and routings as known in standard BC.
On top of this Item versioning has been added to the CadConnect application.
BC does not support item versions, so what you get is exclusively inside CadConnect.
You get the following three functions.
1. An archive (History) of all Item version that have been handled by CadConnect.
You find this archive here, under CadConnect – Item Versions
If you need the history somewhere else, the data can be extracted as any other data by using standard BC tools.
They are not included in the CadConnect Export to Excel function.
2. The archive data are used in CadConnect to show “Previous Version” on CadConnect lines for purchased items.
3. You can have CadConnect transfer a specific version no. as an Attribute on the BC Item card.
This is done by selecting in CadConenct Setup which attribute should be used.
Thus the application offers full item product versioning to be used throughout the entire BC-application.
When importing excel files a version number can be supplied from that file or youy can update it manually on each linie.
A few rules manges the use of versions:
- When importing an excel file into CadConnect, and this excel file contains a version number, the version number will be visible in the CadConnect header screen.
- If you create a product manually, you can assign a version number to the bill of material and or the routing
- When copying a product from BC, please bear in mind that it will be the active version (bill of material and routing) that will be copied.
- If you want to apply an effective date (version starting date) this can be selected
- If you want to add a specific routing version, this must be done by assigning a version number to the routing header item in the line section of the CadConnect screen.
In addition CadConnect searches for information / referance the previos version no. and if it is different from the newly imported version no. the new version no. will be marked in red.
The previous version is for production BOM items defined as the current active version in BC.
For purchased items, CadConnect looks in the CadConnect version archive for the latest version no. as mentioned above.