Bright World Guardianships is committed to reducing waste, creating a more sustainable office space and reducing carbon emissions. We understand the importance of protecting the natural world in which the students we care for will grow up.
Bright World is reducing waste by:
· Having a paperless contract for our Guardianship programme and Admissions forms
· No longer printing brochures, rather having them available via our website on our Digital Information Centre
· Having a water filter installed in the office to eliminate the need for bottled water
Bright World is creating a more sustainable office space by:
· Switching lights to LED bulbs
· Using re-fillable hand wash and cleaning products from sustainable companies
· Switching to toilet paper from a sustainable company
· Working to reduce the office EPC rating by adding secondary glazing, insulation and upgrading our heating system
Bright World is reducing emissions by:
· Working from home 2 days a week to reduce car journeys to the office
· Using public transport where possible to travel to work
· Celebrating locally when having office parties
· Working with JUST ONE Tree to plant a tree for each student enrolling on our guardianship programme, and planting trees to award suppliers and staff for their work
In addition to the changes already made in the office, Bright World are also committed to continuing to encourage students to stay with host families within a proximity to their school (ideally within 30 minutes). We are continuing to recruit more host families in order to have as much accommodation as possible all across the UK, meaning students don’t have to travel long distances by car for exeat weekends and half terms.
Bright World will also continue to encourage car sharing to and from host families to minimise additional journeys.
Bright World will also continue to encourage our staff to combine student visits with school visits and host family inspections to minimise additional journeys.
In order to continue to meet and exceed our targets, Bright World will review this pledge every year.
We have appointed Isabelle Amor, Guardianship Care Manager, as our Sustainability Officer. Isabelle is an Environmental Science Graduate and works at our Head Office as Guardianship Care Manager. email@example.com
We are committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.
This policy was last reviewed on: 29th September 2023
Signed: Lana Foster, Managing Director