Bright World Education Limited is dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do return and review this Policy regularly.
[For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, our data controller is James Foster]
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or enrol for a programme.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
We may on occasion gather information regarding your computer whilst you are on our website. This enables us to improve our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers where appropriate.
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Google Adwords Remarketing
Bright World also uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service. * If you are an existing client, we may contact you with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. * Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected. * If you are a new client, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for. * If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, Bright World Education Ltd or Bright World Guardianships Ltd.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
If you are applying as a host family the information Bright World Guardianships Ltd collects will be used to create a host family profile and will only be shared with relevant parties in relation to hosting students.
In processing your application and as part of our Safer Recruitment policy we will need to share your information with a third party agency called uCheckwho we use to undertake a DBS check as an essential part of our screening process. The information uCheck gather is also handled in accordance with the data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Act 2016.
As part of our accreditation process we need to share contact details with AEGIS head office and lead and supporting inspectors. We permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with GDPR.
Where your data is shared with AEGIS head office and lead and supporting inspectors, we will seek to share the minimum amount necessary.
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2016 gives you the right to:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data
- Choose to remove your consent for us to process your data
- Object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the details below.
Bright World Guardianships Ltd
Forge House, 105 High Street
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex