High quality data provides the foundation for CIBMTR research. To further support the collection of quality data, effective June 1, 2015, CIBMTR implemented consequences for centers that have particularly high error rates or that consistently fail to meet data quality standards. Centers will only be eligible for audit consequences if they fail an audit occurring the implementation date (after June 1, 2015). Audits prior to the implementation date may be considered when evaluating the center’s performance during the past three audits.
Consequences for Centers that Perform Unsatisfactorily on CIBMTR Data Audits
Any audit resulting in Critical Field Error Rate > 8%
- Center’s data will not be included in the Center Specific Outcomes national average calculation; however, center’s data will continue to be measured, and published, against the national average (relevant only to US centers).
- Center will be identified on the Center Specific Outcomes webpage as a center that has not met data quality requirements (relevant only to US centers).
- Data will be quarantined from research activities.
- If a case report form (CRF) reporting center, the data will remain quarantined from research studies until the next scheduled audit date, unless center pays for an additional audit before the next scheduled audit date. A sufficient number of cases must be eligible for audit to validate data quality. The center will continue to receive forms payment for CRF submission.
Two Consecutive Audits resulting in a Critical Field Error Rate > 5% OR;
Three Consecutive Audits resulting in a Critical Field Error Rate > 3%
All of the above consequences apply, plus:
- Center will be changed to a Transplant Essential Data (TED) reporting only center, if they are a CRF reporting center.
- Center scientists and staff cannot participate in CIBMTR leadership roles or as a member of CIBMTR administrative committees.
- If a National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) center, access to NMDP donors will only be allowed if an accepted corrective action plan to improve data quality has been submitted.
- CIBMTR membership will be terminated.