The information contained in this section is aimed at experienced Remedy administrators and developers and does not cover in detail the setup and installation of Remedy workflow or foundation data as sufficient knowledge of such topics is assumed.
The integration has been developed against a Remedy environment running version 7.6.3 of the application server and ITSM applications, but code should work without issue on any 7.6.x environments. However, future implementations may be subject to change should BMC alter the way web services are implemented in Remedy.
There are 5 components that must be created and configured in order to complete the Web Service integration between ActiveControl and Remedy. These are:
1. The Basis Technologies Remedy Web Service User (ActiveControl to Remedy Web Service calls)
2. Remedy foundation components that are needed to underpin web service trigger code on the Remedy application server.
3. Remedy code running in the OOTB Change Management module to trigger a web service call.
4. The Basis Technologies Remedy Web Service Interface form (Remedy to Service calls)
5. The Basis Technologies Remedy Web Service Interface form workflow (Remedy to Service calls)