The following should be considered as part of an upgrade to latest version of ActiveControl:
1. Latest software transports will need to be applied in the Domain Controller plus all satellite SAP systems.
2. ActiveControl is NOT backwards compatible because of the nature of some of the new functionalities. This means you have to apply the new Transports in the Domain Controller and all the satellite systems (and deploy the new version of the Windows GUI and Web UI) at the same time.
3. New version of the Windows GUI will need to be rolled out to all users. Again, this is not backwards/forwards compatible. Users will not be able to use the old version of the GUI after the SAP systems have been upgraded.
4. New version of the Web UI will need to be rolled out to all users
5. A new License Key will be required, this needs to be uploaded into the new version of the Windows GUI after the Upgrade.
6. New Authorisations roles will need to be applied to all users. If copies of roles were taken previously, these will need to be updated as part of the Upgrade.
7. Performing a AC Upgrade has no impact on in-flight customer transports. You won’t have to re-add any in-flight transports into ActiveControl after the upgrade, they will all still be sitting in the same Inbox, Test Queue etc that they were sitting in before the Upgrade.
8. Similarly, existing ActiveControl configuration will be similarly unaffected by performing an Upgrade.
9. Any existing custom user exits will need to be analysed for potential upgrade impacts, prior to the Upgrade.
10. Please note that if you are an existing Mass Data Runtime (MDR) / Diffuser user, this will need to be carefully managed during the upgrade. Productive use of MDR / Diffuser can be negatively impacted if an Upgrade to ActiveControl is done in isolation of it.