Sometimes the app will display that it’s trying to acquire your position. This usually doesn’t take long, but you might experience difficulties given certain circumstances. Your device may not be able to locate you under any of the conditions below:
- The device is in a building, tunnel or at a location where signals from the GPS satellites are obstructed by other solid objects. Since GPS signals don’t penetrate solid objects, it does take a while longer for the signal to reach you. Therefore, any troubleshooting of GPS-related issues needs to be done outside, under the clear sky without any buildings or other large solid objects in the way.
- If you turn off your location services in device settings. This setting needs to be enabled at all times when using a GPS Navigation app.
- The assisted location data from mobile networks are overloaded, corrupt, or not updating. This issue in particular may cause the app to take longer when acquiring your position (which would otherwise be done immediately).
You’ll find a set of effective means to troubleshoot these types of issues below:
- Turn your device off and on again. As basic as it is, it is also the most effective method to rule out minor system errors.
- Turn on Location Services on your device. Make sure the Location services are enabled in your device for our application via iOS Settings app → Privacy → Location services. Our application needs to be enabled under these services as well.
- Go to Menu → Settings and tap on Reset to defaults button at the bottom of the Menu. This will effectively reset all your settings in the app, but won’t affect your data. Restart the app afterwards.
- Perform a hard reset on your iPhone
On iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 or 6S: Hold the power and home buttons until you see the Apple logo.
On iPhone 7/7+: Hold the power and volume down buttons until you see the Apple logo.
On iPhone 8/8+/X or newer: Press the volume up button, press the volume down button and then press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo.
(Note: this will not affect any of the applications or data on your phone)
- Consider hardware fault. You might want to consider contacting the seller or manufacturer of your mobile device for repair if the GPS signal issues persist.
- Full app reinstall. It is also possible that all previous steps did not work and Sygic still can’t locate you – in that case, as a last resort, please perform a full app reinstall