Crystal Reports offers an option labeled “Save Data with Report” in its File menu. Saving the report file with this option selected stores the current data shown in Crystal Reports within the .rpt file.
By default, ReCrystallize Server ignores data saved within the .rpt file and refreshes the report data from the database each time the report is viewed. It can be convenient to take advantage of the saved data feature in cases where
• The report data does not change frequently.
• The report takes too long to refresh from the database, making it impractical to refresh the data interactively in the web browser, or refreshing the report places an excessive burden on the database server. Therefore, you may wish to update the report data manually using the Crystal Reports designer or using another process such as report scheduling software outside of ReCrystallize Server and then display the most recently updated data.
• You do not wish to enable connectivity from the web server to the report’s database.
To display saved data in the web browser include
in the report URL or as a form field. For example,
The following limitations apply when using the saved data option:
• Report parameters are not used.
• The report viewer’s Refresh control is disabled.
• Drill-down subreports are unavailable because data from drill-down subreports is not saved within the .rpt file.