System requirements for running NAVEKSA solutions
NAVEKSA solutions are manufacturing add-on solutions for Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central -On-premise C/AL or AL or Cloud via AppSource.
The Dynamics NAV / Dynamics 365 Business Central license must be an Extended version running on a perpetual or subscription basis
The solutions consist of objects loaded and compiled into Dynamics NAV / Dynamics 365 Business Central, and a .NET client program if the ShopFloor Operator solution is to be installed.
This client runs against the NAV database via NAV webservices.
System requirements (minimum or higher/newer) for running NAVEKSA solutions together with Dynamics NAV / Dynamics 365 Business Central:
All cumulative update packs are supported for each version.
Primary languages supported: Danish, German and English.
Update the customer NAV license file
As a NAVEKSA solution is a Microsoft certified solution (CfMD), running the solutions require that the NAV license file contain the permissions to access and run a NAVEKSA application.
Requirements for the .NET client computer (for running the ShopFloor Operator client)
- The client can be run only on a full Windows operating system, Windows 10 or newer.
- Screen resolution size minimum 1024×768. However our recommended screen resolution is 1920×1080.
- If you intend to run the client on a tablet we recommend at least a screen size of minimum at least 11” or even bigger.
- Running of the client requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 or newer to be installed on the computer.
- Web access is necessary to run the client, as the communication with NAV occurs via webservices.
- The client can only be run via a Windows user, that at the same time is user in NAV, and has the rights to run the objects that have access to NAV from the client (Limited user)
- If it shall be possible to show drawings from a network drive, it is required that the concerned Windows user that has been set up in the configuration files, has reading access to the file in question that has been specified in the ShopFloor setup.
Requirements on server hardware CPU, RAM and disks, shall correspond to the AZURE requirements. See next item.
Running in a Microsoft AZURE environment
For running on Microsoft Azure with especially the ShopFloor client, we recommend the DSL12_V2 Standard AZURE server specification or higher:
Printing directly from the ShopFloor client
If you want to print directly from the client, it is required that the windows user that has been set up in the configuration file, has got write access to the concerned directory that has been set up in the ShopFloor setup, as well as setup and access to a printer on the concerned computer.
The authentication mode that is setup in the configuration file, has to correspond to the Authentication mode in the NAV service. A fixed setup can not be specified for this point, as it is administrated by the network administrator. Please read more clicking here.
The NAVEKSA ShopFloor .NET client can be run on a PC or tablet with a full Windows operating system. The Windows version must be at least Windows 10 or newer.
If you intend to run the client on a tablet we recommend at least a screen size of minimum at least 11” or even bigger.
Server – Users
Naveksa recommends to create a dedicated service tier for the ShopFloor web service, as well as dedicated user which can be used for the ShopFloor configuration.
Warnings – Performance
In most cases the ShopFloor application handles thousands of order lines transactions.
According to customer installation experiences performance wise (display response time) this in itself is no problem.
To get the best performance out of the ShopFloor application, there might be cases where you need to optimize your IT infrastructure:
Please observe if you use the application with advanced drawing/document retrieval, it may decrease performance considerably. This is normally due to the fact that drawing materials often have to be retrieved on different servers apart from the BC/NAV servers, and normally placed in deep folder structures, and normally in extensive drawing catalogues itself. You must observe that thousands of files in the same folder slows Windows down, and thereby impacts performance.
Also be aware that extensive use of customer fields including heavy calculations may impact performance. We recommend you optimize your code and do not have response times higher than 1 ms as customer fields are retrieved per record.
Other factors such as missing SQL server optimization and normal server house cleaning routines in high volume data processing environments can impact performance.