ShopFloor MES client objects and client configuration
Seperate from the ShopFloor planning system, the system consists of a ShopFloor execution .NET component.
The NAVEKSA NAV part has to be installed as Web Services.
1. Open the folder ”NAVEKSA SFS CLIENT SETUP”.
2. Run the file ”NAVEKSA SFS.msi”. We recommend installing the program on a network location and hereafter to insert the shortcut for this on the respective computers, which have to run the client. Please be aware that “Silent print” is desired, then this setup will only be appropriate if you have one common printer for all print. (Please read the section “Setup”).
3. Click ”Next” multiple times, until the program is installed.
4. After having finished the installation, the program must be configured to connect to the NAV Web Service.
5. Run “SFSSetup.exe” to configure the Client.
6. In the field “Shopfloor WS”, please enter the URL to the NAV web service (you can look this up in NAV on the web service page).
7. In the field “Domain” please enter the domain name if running on a Domain Controller. Otherwise enter the local computer name. In some cases, which of several yet needs to be identified, it is sometimes necessary to leave the field blank. This may be the case if the client is installed on the DC or SQL server.
8. In the field ”Username” please enter a valid Windows and password user with the necessary Microsoft Dynamics rights (Rights to use the web service). You can test the user rights by opening the URL in a browser and entering the user credentials.
9. In the field ”Password”, please enter the password of the user account. Note this password will be encrypted using Microsoft standard encryption.
10. In the field “AuthenticationMode” please choose the authentication mode according to your Microsoft environment. If you have chosen to use NTLM when setting up your Microsoft Dynamics NAV / Dynamics 365 Business Centralision instance, then choose the “NTLM” value. If you are running the web service as SSL, perhaps you have to choose “Digest”. The default is “Negotiate”
11. Update Timer Interval is the timer interval value in miliseconds. In regular use the recommended interval is between 3 and 5 minutes, so that is 180000 – 300000 miliseconds. If you want the ShopFloor client to update at a more regular interval, please decrease this value. Be aware that each update uses server resources, so be aware that the interval should not be too low.
12. Print Path. Path to local print resource folder when using silent print. The ShopFloor windows user must have write access to this folder.
13. Print User ID. Dynamics NAV / Dynamics 365 Business Central user with printer and report configuration this ShopFloor client uses when using silent print.
14. Press “Save and Start” to test whether the SHOPFLOOR Client is configured properly.
15. Please be aware that it can be necessary to experiment with the different AuthenticationMode settings, if you are not 100% sure of your Microsoft environment security setttings.