Use the Manual Activation method if the Orchid Core VMS server doesn’t have an internet connection. This activation method is very similar to the original activation method.
- Open Orchid Core VMS and sign in using an administrator level username and password.
- Once signed into Orchid Core VMS, open the System Menu in the top-right corner of the screen and select Activation.
- When the Orchid Core VMS Activation screen appears, click the Add License button to activate a new license.
- On the Activation screen, click the Offline Activation button.
- Copy your Machine ID. (Click and drag from the beginning to the end of the text string, then click CTRL+C to copy it.)
- Click CTRL+V to paste the ID into a text file on a USB drive that you can use on a computer with internet access.
- Using a computer with internet access, go to the following site: https://www.orchidsecurity.com/activation.
- Paste your machine ID (from the USB drive) into the Machine ID field.
- Enter the Activation Code that was provided when you purchased your Orchid Core VMS license into the Activation Code field. (Sample code: B8034-8BEC3-56C2B-88755)
- Enter a location description that specifies where your Orchid Core VMS server will be located. Common location descriptions are a shop name, number, or location.
- Click the Activate License button to generate your new Orchid Core VMS license. If the license creation is successful, a screen will appear that indicates success and includes a License Key. (The License Key looks like a paragraph of random text.)
- Highlight the license key text and click CTRL+C or press the Copy to Clipboard button to copy the License Key to a text file on a USB drive, then take it back to the Orchid Core VMS server.
- Click into the License Key field on the Activation Instructions screen. Click CTRL+V to paste the text into the field.
- Click the Activate button to activate your new license key.
If the activation was successful, you will see a message at the top of your screen saying “Orchid Core VMS has been activated.” The Edition, Cameras Licensed, Archive Retention, and Support Expiration fields will all be updated to match the license you purchased.