Content alignment between strategy and operations (execution of strategy) is often lacking within organizations; targets are often set but areas to improve when targets are missed are usually obscure. The EPC communicates the strategy and specific objectives to all stakeholders; aligning corporate goals across the organization and encouraging all employees to contribute their part towards success on an ongoing basis.
EPC provides management the ability to monitor objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Key Control Indicators (KCIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) at all levels and by process so that a proactive approach to correcting issues before they arise may be taken.. By setting desired targets, it becomes easy to quantify how far away teams are from reaching their goals. Assigning measurable targets allows all levels of employees to understand expectations manage activities and monitor performance throughout the life cycle of different processes in real time.
Fundamentally this generates Operational Intelligence throughout an organization, facilitated by the following elements enabled by the EPC:
1. KPIs, KCIs and KRIs Monitoring and Measurement: Users can choose to view the operational performance of each task within a process by associating micro metrics to them, or to do the same with processes as a whole. By doing so, individual task colors change to reflect their status.
2. Performance Analytics: Users can view a performance historic to immediately see potential cyclicality, trends, etc.
3. Target Thresholds: Color coded limits can be set to distinguish poor from exemplary performance and can be adjusted according to existing forecasts. This makes performance management that much more intuitive.
4. Alternate Views: Users can shift from and to list, graph and detail views to gain different kinds of insight on performance.
5. Drill-Down Metrics: Performance measures can be drilled-down to the micro level through the graph view. For instance, performance can be modeled to reflect gross margins by business unit, month, quarter, etc.
Further details can be found in section 4.5.
Haben Sie noch weitere Fragen?
Visit the Support Portal