The Fridge-tag does not measure temperatures under the following circumstances:
- During the activation process of the device
- While pressing buttons (READ or SET)
- While the Fridge-tag is connected to a PC / Mac
After these actions have been completed, the Fridge-tag will not record temperatures for a period of 10 minutes (factory preset). In the display the symbol „LOC“ appears. This function prevents false recordings of data which could be caused by heat while holding the device in the hands. Additionally it allows an adaption to the environmental temperature before normal recording continues.
- Even in LOC mode the user can press the READ button to retrieve history information, change any setting or download a report to a computer. The whole LOC period will start again after the last button operation.
- If an action is interrupted, the device will start the LOC function approximately 30 seconds after last button operation.