Data View Web Part for Microsoft® SharePoint® 2013 produced by Lightning Tools is a Web Part that can connect to Microsoft SQL Server® databases, ODBC, Oracle® databases, Business Connectivity Services (BCS) external content types, Microsoft Access® databases, OData, Representational state transfer (REST), classic Web services, XML, and RSS feeds.
When editing a page with SharePoint Designer 2013, it no longer has a Design tab. Only the Code tab remains, which makes it very difficult to use the Data From Web Part (DFWP), more commonly known as the Data View Web Part (DVWP) or to conditionally format the List View Web Part. The Data View Web Part was often used to customize the look and feel of SharePoint Lists as well as provide a data view of external data sources. Since the Design tab is now removed, Lightning Tools have created a Web Part allowing the complete configuration of a data using a configuration wizard in the browser. You can create views of your data using checkboxes to select columns. You can sort, filter, format and conditional format your data without writing any code. The Lightning Tools’ Data Viewer Web Part is:
- Easy to use, but powerful enough to display your business data
- Build database connections and views in minutes
- Does not require SharePoint Designer
If you still need to support Microsoft’s Data Form Web Part, also known as the Data View Web Part, you may like to look at the following resources:
- Marc D Anderson’s Data View Web Part related blogs
- Marc D Anderson’s Unlocking the Mysteries of the SharePoint Data View Web Part XSL Tags 72 pages pdf eBook.
- Laura Rogers @WonderLaura : Data View Web Part Screencasts