We will release map updates 3 times per year, these are included for all our customers at no extra cost. Map updates include updates for roads, speed limits, turn restrictions, permanent closures and places (POIs).
Beginning in version 18.4.2 of Sygic GPS Navigation, our customers have the option to join a subscription for receiving a map updates every month, thus receiving 12 map updates per year. This yearly subscription can be purchased through the Sygic app’s Menu → Sygic Store. A premium license must be active for this add-on to be visible. We acquire the map data from TomTom, and getting it every month results in higher costs for us, that’s why we can only offer this more frequent update plan as a paid add-on.
How to get map updates
You can check for map updates directly by going in the app’s Menu → Maps. If there is no update option available, then you have the latest maps already loaded.
Once we release a map update, you will see a notification icon in the main menu of our app next to the “Maps” option. To update maps:
1. Go to Menu
2. Select Maps
3. Tap on the “Update” button to start downloading new maps.
4. Wait for the download to finish
- It is necessary to update all your maps at once, if you select to update only few maps, all other maps that you had downloaded before will be deleted.
- Also, it is important that you carefully consider when to update maps. It would be highly inconvenient updating maps without a strong and stable WiFi – postponing the update until you have a strong connection is available is recommended.
- Downloading large amounts of maps at once takes time and drains your phone’s battery (as a result of downloading a managing a large amount of data from the internet). Make sure your phone is charged or being charged while the maps are being updated.
- You also need to carefully consider available storage in your device – if you won’t have enough free space, you might not have enough space to finish the update in one go.
Map versions may differ in different apps and products due to the nature of each app’s development and release schedule. Older app releases require an app update to the latest version to receive new maps, as map updates are available only in the latest app versions.